Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Good (?) Intentions

I’m watching a Senator’s press conference right now on C-SPAN because I am just that nerdy, and, several times, he has discussed what he “intends” to do. That is a very popular word among the pols. I suppose it is because, if one discusses what one “intends” there is always the option of backing out of that promise later. “I have no intention of doing this...” and then 6 months later (heck, 6 days), something comes up and what was intended can no longer be accomplished.

Good strategy, I suppose.

I remember Obama getting pinched on this when he said, “I have no intention of running for President” and then later announced his candidacy.

In other news, I browsed some LSAT practice books (jumping the gun, I know) and was dismayed to see that they are almost entirely made up of passage analyses. I hated those on the SAT. The good news, however, is that I did three questions and got them all right. That gives me hope as I don’t know if I will end up with the kind of GPA needed for the tier I am aiming for.

3 comments:

Benjamin Quinn said...

Hi,

Thanks kindly for your comment over at legalaims.com. I added you to my blogroll.

I wouldn't worry too much about my LSAT woes. I think my experience was fairly atypical. From what I hear most people score a point or two lower than their average practice LSAT score. I've even heard a few stories where people have actually scored higher on the actual test day than their highest practice score. I guess it mostly depends on how you respond to pressure.

And thankfully I didn't make the SPAM Swiss pie. I'm not that daring.

Molly said...

hey, how's the law school stuff going?

Molly said...

hey, how's the law school stuff going?